Raspberry - gst-rtsp-server

Dayle Hogg dayle at cygnusconnect.com
Tue Dec 12 22:44:24 UTC 2017

My understanding is you can use a static pipeline if you know the video format detail ahead of time and include that information in the caps filter.  This way each element knows what source pad to use.  In that post, they are using the rpicamera, which he was able to set some properties such as bitrate and keyframe-interval because he had some insight on the source he was using.  In your case, it looks like you are using a webcam, which will be different.  Dynamic pipelines enable GStreamer to determine the nature of the video first and then it sets its own caps filter.

This might help understand it better.
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/basics/pads.html#pads