GStreamer issue on TX2

MonkeyWithComputer pugach at avinc.com
Tue Dec 12 17:35:58 UTC 2017

Anyone know why the following command does not seem to work?
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=[port_num] ! tee name=t ! queue ! filesink
location=/some/path/test.mpg t. ! queue ! tsparse ! tsdemux ! h264parse !
omxh264dec ! nveglglessink -e

output:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Got context from element 'eglglessink0': gst.egl.EGLDisplay=context,
display=(GstEGLDisplay)NULL;
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

It just stall here and does not do anything as far as I can tell. There is
an empty test.mpg file created, but it does not get written to. I've written
the gstreamer c code equivalent and it does the same exact thing.

I've tried these and they all work:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=[port_num] ! filesink
location=/some/path/test.mpg

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=[port_num] ! tsparse ! tsdemux ! queue !
h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nveglglessink -e

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/some/path/test.mpg ! tee name=t ! queue !
filesink location=/some/path/t_test.mpg t. ! queue ! tsparse ! tsdemux !
h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nveglglessink -e
where the test.mpg is the same exact type of file being sent over udp.

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=[port_num] ! tee name=t ! queue ! filesink
location=/some/path/t_test.mpg t. ! queue ! fakesink
This one writes to the file.

Thanks!