Raspberry - gst-rtsp-server

horai ivo.hora at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 16 10:34:34 UTC 2017

I also found one problem while compiling gst-rtsp-server library from sources
as on Raspbian 8 there is no package with GST-RTSP-SERVER version 1.0.
This library requests gstreamer-plugins-good and yields this output while
configuring pre-build:
checking for GST_PLUGINS_GOOD... no
configure: No package 'gstreamer-plugins-good-1.0' found
configure: no gstreamer-plugins-good-1.0 >= 1.2.3 (GStreamer Good Plugins)
found
Package gstreamer-plugins-good-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search
path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`gstreamer-plugins-good-1.0.pc'
No package 'gstreamer-plugins-good-1.0' found
configure: Using GStreamer Good Plugins in
checking for GST_CHECK... yes

I assumed this might be some sort of a problem as this bunch of plugins
covers also shared object library:
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gstreamer-1.0/libgstvideo4linux2.so
Which I assume to be the library related to v4l2src driver.
Unfortunately, according to this post:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/there-is-no-gstreamer-plugins-good-1-0-pc-td4675518.html
It is not a fatal problem problem (I also think that camera light on meas
that hardware was started). The same output is with
gstreamer-plugins-good-1.0 from repository.
But this would blame the v4l2src which seems to be working fine with x264enc
codec, BUT seems like this works on Raspbian version 9. On version 8 I am
not able to run the server no matter if I use x264enc or omxh264enc.I also
tried compiling latest gstreamer-plugins-good-1.0 and omx plugin from
sources, but it's far more complicated as it also requests aproppriate
version of other gstreamer parts.
in order to symplify matter I'll test it later on Rasbian version 9 which
already has GST-RTSP-SERVER-1.0.0 present in repository, hopefully, it'll
reveal a bit more.

Thank you very much for your kind help

Ivo