Raspberry - gst-rtsp-server

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Dec 17 13:07:59 UTC 2017

Le 17 déc. 2017 5:00 AM, "horai" <ivo.hora at seznam.cz> a écrit :

Hello,

sorry, I didn't know who you are.
Well, you suggest adding appropriate dev package. There is not dev package
in Ubuntu for good plugins.
Actually, v4l2src (gst-good) works with different x264enc.
Could there be a relation of gst-rtsp-server-1.0.0 with gst-good-1.0
compilation.  If I omit gst-good-1.0.
Server works with v4l2src, but behaviour could be weird?

Sorry, I lost track. I'm no longer able to understand what you are trying
to do.

Yes, OMX on Broadcom/RPi is not following the standard (no one does).
Though, we have recently verified the encoder and decoder still works on
RPi with latest GStreamer. I have no idea how much testing Raspbian do for
the encoder in their packaged software.

Be aware that most user will let the baseband do the encoding. There is an
element on github called rpicamsrc that can give you h264 directly. In
theory the v4l2src can give you h264, but the controls like bitrate are not
hooked.