Problems with textoverlay and non-ASCII chars

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Dec 21 17:01:08 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 21 décembre 2017 à 08:23 -0700, andeb91 a écrit :
> Hello, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place.
> I'm having a lot of problems using textoverlay plugin with UTF-8 text.
> Could someone help me? How can I overlay UTF-8 text in Gstreamer?
> Thanks in advance.

Please, provide information about what you have tried, how it failed
etc. There is not enough context. textoverlay only do UTF-8, nothing
else. This works perfectly or me, on Linux, Fedora 17, GStreamer 1.12,
a perfectly tested installation of Pango.

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! textoverlay text="Été" ! glimagesink

Nicolas