appsrc - appsink -> only one buffer received

gst_starter andreas.wittmann at zeiss.com
Fri Dec 22 13:37:43 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am new to gstreamer and tried to create a simple pipeline example that
contains an appsrc and an appsink element. I am trying to continuously send
a custom format buffer (simple 1Byte uint8 buffer) from appsrc to appsink.
To achieve this I continuously push buffers into appsrc and wait for the
"new_sample" callback to inform me about the arrival of new buffers at the
sink side. The example code I posted below works as expected for the first
buffer. The problem is that "new_sample" is only called once, even if I
continuously push data into appsrc, which then results into a growing buffer
on the source side.
How can I fix appsink such that new_sample is called for every buffer pushed
into appsrc?

My code:

Thanks!