Trying to encode a captured frame as a Bitmap (.bmp)

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Dec 22 21:51:05 UTC 2017

Le 22 déc. 2017 12:40 PM, "Jack D" <jackstuff3 at gmail.com> a écrit :

I found a file in gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/pbutils named
descriptions.c and listed in the file are image formats with static
descriptions. I created a test and from all these 27 formats, only two
worked correctly and allowed me to save an image: image/jpeg and image/png.
Also, upon closer examination using gst-inspect-1.0, I could only find
three elements that state explicitly they encode image files. pnmenc,
jpegenc and pngenc. So, is this just a limitation? I can create a bitmap
using gst-launch but I cannot create one using gst_video_convert_sample.
Is there a guide somewhere that explains using the output of
gst-lauinch-1.0 -v, I can take all the srcs and sinks listed and create the
correct pipeline in my program?

If there is a rationale it is likely the rank, this is printed by
gst-inspect. Only ranked element will be autoplug. Jpeg and PNG is by far
the majority of the formats in use today.

Best Regards,
Jack