error involving 'ksvideo'...? newbie question sorry

philippe renon philippe_renon at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 28 15:33:15 UTC 2017

Try :

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! decodebin ! autovideosink

    Le Mardi 26 décembre 2017 23h11, pangit_ako <hamburgerstephen at gmail.com> a écrit :

 Hello Mr. Severo,

  Thank you for the reply and your suggestion.  I still have no luck...the
same error throws when I use the pipeline typed exactly as you had provided
it.  I also experimented with some other, simpler ones:

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! videoscale ! videoconvert ! autovideosink
and
gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! autovideosink

no dice...also tried something a bit different...placed a .wmv video file
into the 'bin' folder on my system...ran the following pipeline (copied from
a very similar example in the online documentation):

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=lake.wmv ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=100 ! autovideosink

...still had problems.

  I installed GStreamer on another laptop...a 64bit machine running Windows
10...and was able to get the following pipeline to show me the webcam on
that machine:

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! autovideosink

...so I guess my problems are being caused by Vista...?  No matter what I do
I cannot get the webcam in the Vista machine to be used as a 'source' and
play...very frustrating...