Trying to encode a captured frame as a Bitmap (.bmp)

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Dec 28 18:18:13 UTC 2017

Le 27 déc. 2017 1:09 PM, "jackson80" <jackstuff3 at gmail.com> a écrit :

Looking at gst_video_convert_sample: It first validates inputs and extracts
caps from src; then it calls build_convert_frame_pipepline. This routine
creates elements needed for a conversion pipeline. Then this routine calls
get_encoder. This immediately calls gst_element_factory_list_get_elements.
>From the debug output supplied by gst_plugin_feature_list_debug, I can see
the only encoders found were jpegenc, pngenc, and pnmenc. Since none of
these encoders match bmp, this is where it fails.
Is there any other way to see if libav is correctly incorporated with the
rest of the gstreamer software?
Or do you think I should try manually building a conversion pipeline?

To get going, you could build your own, though it could be nice to file a
bug, so we can research and fix this eventually. It could be as simple as
having the class string (GST feature concept) missing Encoder in it (you'll
find this string in gst-inspect, something like Encoder/Video).