GST_FORMAT_BYTES query duration keeps on increasing

deepthips deepthips at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Feb 3 06:33:01 UTC 2017

I am using playbin (with filesrc) to playback a local file of total size
4286588 bytes.
While playing, I query offset and total bytes

gst_element_query_position(pipeline, GST_FORMAT_BYTES, &position_bytes);
gst_element_query_duration(pipeline, GST_FORMAT_BYTES, &duration_bytes);

Found that both keeps on increasing. I was expecting total duration bytes to
be constant at 4286588.
Query with GST_FORMAT_TIME was behaving as per my expectation. Total time is
constant and position increases.
Why for gst_element_query_duration with GST_FORMAT_BYTES, total duration
increases.

 Bytes       2776113 /       2206057
 Time 		0:00.01 / 0:00.32

 Bytes       2792497 /       2208655