Gstreamer get version from python ?

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 14:15:26 UTC 2017

I'm using gst uninstalled on some pis.
Sometimes, it looks like they start using the system gstreamer instead of gstreamer uninstalled.
Basically set_window_handle becomes unavailable.

Is there a way to check the version, so I can verify this is what is happening ?

I have this bit of code
def on_sync_message(bus, msg):
    if msg.get_structure().get_name() == 'prepare-window-handle':
        _sink = msg.src
        _sink.set_window_handle(win_handle)And after some amount of hours it starts failing.

I run the pis for hours they will randomly start not having set_window_handle

S++