mpg123audiodec alternative

debruyn debruynels1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 07:10:23 UTC 2017

Good day guys,

So I have been playing around with audio streaming, and currently
transcoding an audio stream and placing it on icecast.
pipeline architecture as follows:

udpsrc | rtpmpadepay |  mpegaudioparse | mpg123audiodec | vorbisenc | oggmux
| shout2send.

This works fine, but my question is if there is an alternative for the
mpg123audiodec element? mpg123audiodec lies in the ugly packages and since i
built the 1.8 libraries for centos i never built ugly, only base,good,bad
and libav. Trying to avoid the ugly packages, so any alternative would be
appreciated.

Regards
debruyn