appsrc, timestamp and filesink

Myzhar myzhar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:53:19 UTC 2017

Arjen Veenhuizen wrote
> It is definitely a timestamping issue. You are feeding the pipeline with
> buffers that have a timestamp that does not match the running time in the
> pipeline. Perhaps this little python snippet can help you out?

This is exactly what I did in my C++ code... you confirmed the validity ;)

Arjen Veenhuizen wrote
> Two more things:
> 1. you can also set tune=zerolatency on x264enc.

I have not set zerolatency because I thought that it would be not important
for a filesink... I will set it.

Arjen Veenhuizen wrote
> 2. you are lacking any queues in your pipeline, I suggest you add one at
> least before and after the encoder.

This is a good remark, I focused on pipeline correctness and I forgot queue!

Thank you very much Arjen, you are really kind and helpful!!!

Walter