Decoding with intel hardware acceleration

Victor Jaquez vjaquez at igalia.com
Tue Feb 7 12:15:11 UTC 2017

pasifus wrote
*
*
> , but without X11 it's not work.

It should not. vaapi elements can work headless using the libdrm  vaapi
backend.

What error do you have?

pasifus wrote*
> How I can add decoding hardware acceleration without installing X server?
> (It's possible?)
> It's posible parallel decode video using hardware and software decoders
> together? When is not availability hardware decoded (because it overload)
> change to software decode
*

The problem with release 1.8 is, if your are going to map in userspace the
VA surfaces, you might have an data alignment problem. That was fixed in
1.10.

You can force, using vaapsink to set the drm backend using "vaapisink
display=drm" in your pipeline.

vmjl