appsrc does not receive EOS

Myzhar myzhar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:29:49 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have a problem with my appsrc code and I cannot understand why.

My message callback receives each kind of message but EOS, so I cannot quit
the mainLoop and stop the video recording.

To send the EOS signal I use the command:
GstFlowReturn eos_result = gst_app_src_end_of_stream( mAppSrc );

where mAppSrc is GstAppSrc*

This is the pipeline:

appsrc name=videosrc do-timestamp=0 is-live=1 format=time !
video/x-raw,format=I420,framerate=30/1,width=1280,height=720 ! queue !
videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! queue ! videoconvert !
x264enc ! h264parse ! queue ! mp4mux ! queue ! filesink location=test.mp4
sync=false

Thank you
Walter