xvidenc

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:00:42 UTC 2017

>The code was removed from GIT because it was not ported to the 1.x
>release series in the last 4+ years. If someone wants to take it and
>port it to 1.x, which shouldn't be that much work after all, we can
>resurrect it from the GIT history.

>An alternative to the xvidenc element would be avenc_mpeg4.

Thanks Sebastian,

from gst-inspect-1.0 I do not have avenc_mpeg4 either on my system. (centos
7.3)

The command I used to use is:
./test-launch "( v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! queue !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=(fraction)30/1 ! xvidenc
pass=0 me-vhq=0 me-quarterpel=true max-key-interval=-1 motion=0
bitrate=6000000 ! queue ! rtpmp4vpay pt=96 name=pay0 pulsesrc !
audioresample ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc !  rtpvorbispay pt=0 name=pay1 )

Is there something more updated I can use? gst-inspect-1.0 | grep enc shows
frei0r:  frei0r-mixer-difference: difference
frei0r:  frei0r-filter-transparency: Transparency
dtls:  dtlsenc: DTLS Encoder
dtls:  dtlssrtpenc: DTLS-SRTP Encoder
coretracers:  latency (GstTracerFactory)
gstsiren:  sirenenc: Siren Encoder element
fsrtpconference:  fsrtpconference: Farstream RTP Conference
mulaw:  mulawenc: Mu Law audio encoder
fsrawconference:  fsrawconference: Generic bin
fsmsnconference:  fsmsncamsendconference: Farstream MSN Sending Conference
fsmsnconference:  fsmsncamrecvconference: Farstream MSN Reception Conference
y4menc:  y4menc: YUV4MPEG video encoder
wavpack:  wavpackenc: Wavpack audio encoder
wavenc:  wavenc: WAV audio muxer
vpx:  vp8enc: On2 VP8 Encoder
vpx:  vp9enc: On2 VP9 Encoder
speex:  speexenc: Speex audio encoder
png:  pngenc: PNG image encoder
jpeg:  jpegenc: JPEG image encoder
flac:  flacenc: FLAC audio encoder
alaw:  alawenc: A Law audio encoder
bz2:  bz2enc: BZ2 encoder
audiovisualizers:  spectrascope: Frequency spectrum scope
subenc:  srtenc: Srt encoder
subenc:  webvttenc: WebVTT encoder
adpcmenc:  adpcmenc: ADPCM encoder
srtp:  srtpenc: SRTP encoder
gsm:  gsmenc: GSM audio encoder
vorbis:  vorbisenc: Vorbis audio encoder
theora:  theoraenc: Theora video encoder
removesilence:  removesilence: RemoveSilence
pnm:  pnmenc: PNM image encoder
opus:  opusenc: Opus audio encoder
encoding:  encodebin: Encoder Bin
opengl:  gldifferencematte: Gstreamer OpenGL DifferenceMatte

Thanks,

Jerry