xvidenc

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Feb 9 20:04:39 UTC 2017

Le mercredi 08 février 2017 à 15:05 -0500, Jerry Geis a écrit :
> >Another thing I notice is that you are using "video/x-raw-yuv", that
> >type was used in 0.10 and no longer exist in 1.0+. Should be
> video/x-
> >raw,... Are you trying to use obsolete 0.10 rather then 1.0+ (e.g.
> >1.10.3) ?
>
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> Your Correct... I had a MIX of 0.10 and 1.0. I changed the two above
> and it worked.

Great.

> My audio "sucks" very loud and noisy - so not sure pulsesrc is doing
> what its supposed to do.

It was clean here, but depends on your internal mic quality. With
headphone, you may test your audio quality with:

  gst-launch-1.0 pulsesrc ! pulsesink

You should probably have a look at the mixer (e.g. gnome controls or
pavucontrol). You might have some settings that cause saturation. If
it's just noise, you may try using webrtcdsp, it's an echo canceller
but also provide noise reduction.

good luck,
Nicolas