Raw UDP packets not being picked up by udpsrc

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:09:37 UTC 2017

3 things (actually a lot more) can prevent you from receiving UDP packets
that you can see arrive with tcpdump:

   1. UDP packets arriving on an interface from a source where the route to
   the source is routed via another interface.
   2. iptables fw-rule.
   3. Multiple listeners on same port without SO_REUSEADDR/SO_REUSEPORT.
   See also
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14388706/socket-options-so-reuseaddr-and-so-reuseport-how-do-they-differ-do-they-mean-t

Regards

Peter Maersk-Moller