Best way to save video on Rpi3

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Feb 10 01:51:26 UTC 2017

Le 9 févr. 2017 5:31 PM, "Walter Lucetti" <myzhar at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi Nicolas,

as far as I know the ELP cameras supports MJPEG format, but I have not
understood the right way to get this format using "vl42src".

You can get JPEG from v4l2src using a caps filter as follow:

  v4l2src ! image/jpeg ! ...

This is supported by nearly all USB cameras these days. Try with your
laptop camera as an reference. I don't own an ELP, so I'm not able to
validate if there is any issue specific to this model.

Regards,
Nicolas

I tried a lot of "formats", but only I420 is accepted.

Walter

> Le mardi 07 février 2017 à 00:57 -0800, Myzhar a écrit :
> > I need to save a stream from a ELP USB webcam on a Raspberry Pi 3 at
> > higher
> > resolution and higher framerate as possible.
> >
> > I reached my best result with a video at 1280x720x12fps
> >
> > Anyone has obtained better results?
> >
> > My pipeline is the following:
> >
> > gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! queue ! videoscale !
> > "video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720" ! queue ! videoconvert !
> > omxh264enc !
> > queue ! h264parse ! queue ! filesink location=test.mp4 -e
>
> Most of the time, the limiting factor is USB Speed. If you don't have
> USB3, you have to use some compression in order to gain higher frame-
> rate. That's why most USB camera supports JPEG compression, and fancier
> camera will support H264. Try one of this compression.
>
> Nicolas

*Walter Lucetti*

email: myzhar at gmail.com
web: *www.robot-home.it <http://www.robot-home.it/>*