Video duration

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:09:07 UTC 2017

Like most things, answering questions is not as simple as a you are right
or you are wrong.
Even typing out a 2 liner answer may have much more behind it. But to the
problem:

Using the discoverer i can see that your file duration is:
0:00:00.400000000. So as you stated,
the video duration is wrong. Using playbin gives the same results as VLC:

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///path/to/file//2017.02.03\ 13.53.34.mkv

So you can use that for playing the video. However, your original message
was about duration
queries. And the reason the duration query is incorrect is because the file
has been encoded
with that duration.

For future reference a description of your entire pipeline would help us to
understand
what you are doing. If you want help fixing the file I would suggest
writing a gst-launch
like description of the encoding pipe so we can see why there is a problem
with the generated file.

Dimitrios