Raw UDP packets not being picked up by udpsrc

twallis twallis at deeptrekker.com
Fri Feb 10 18:59:33 UTC 2017

After a netstat -nl call I received the following result, where port 1234 is
the port I opened on udpsrc.  The netstat result seems to say that gstreamer
isn't listening to that port.  Or, and please bear with me as networking is
not my strong suit, that the packets are simply being dropped, despite
opening port 1234 to udp with iptables

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4681829/netstat.png>

The packet payload appears to be corrupted as when the packets are read from
a pc they can be reconstructed into mjpeg, and when the packets I receive
(from tcpdump) are reconstructed in the same way, it results in corrupted
video.