Pipeline crashing when unrefing samples

mizerb bluekkid at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:14:55 UTC 2017

Hello!
Hoping someone more experienced then me might be able to take a look at
this.

I'm writting a app that renders frames I'm taking from an appsink, which in
turn is connected to a playbin.

At the moment, the application works, but has a memory leak from when I'm
creating samples via

Gst* sample = gst_app_sink_try_pull_sample(mysink, timeout_cont);

However, once I'ved copied my data out from the buffer I get from the
sample, if I try to delete the sample

gst_sample_unref(sample);

The pipeline crashes with the errors on the bus:
Error received from element multiqueue9: Internal data stream error.
Debugging information: gstmultiqueue.c(2029): gst_multi_queue_loop ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin2/GstMultiQueue:multiqueue9:
streaming stopped, reason error (-5)

If I try launching the pipleline with videotestsrc I run into errors as well
(trying to find the error messages but it was something with videosrcbase if
I'm remembering)

Is gstreamer doing something I don't know about with samples after I've
pulled them down? Are samples not static for use? Does Gstreamer require the
data there for continued use of the pipeline after it's been passed out of
playbin?