Custom element in Python

Felipe Ortiz fortizc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 19:02:41 UTC 2017

Hi, I try to create a custom element using python inheriting from
GstBase.BaseTransform implementing do_transform() method, but when I launch
a pipeline with gst-launch-1.0 I see the following error:

$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/path/to/some_text_file ! print_tst !
fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

(gst-launch-1.0:13550): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_mini_object_unref:
assertion 'mini_object != NULL' failed

And process never finish, I need to press Ctrl + c
To learn and test this I write a very simple element that receives a buffer
and print to stdout, the code is here https://gist.github.com/fortizc/
d67109eaa021f5ae9a7b72179f67a95b and to write this I use as a model this
element https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-python/blob/
master/examples/plugins/python/identity.py

The element works fine if I use do_transform_ip() instead do_transform()
but I need to modify the buffer and to do this use do_transform() seems to
be the only way.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Cheers