Pipeline crashing when unrefing samples

mizerb bluekkid at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:44:46 UTC 2017

Tim,
Thank you for responding! Hadn't thought check it without the gst_buffer
calls.

Tim Müller wrote
> This happens even if all you do is pull_sample() + sample_unref() and
> nothing else?

Well, no. I'm pulling the buffer from the sample, and digging in, the call

gst_buffer_unref(buffer);

causes the failure. Even while skipping out on the map and unmap calls.
However, if i don't unref the sample, then unref on the buffer doesn't cause
the issue to crop up. So it seems I can unref either the sample or the
buffer, but not both.

Also, the unrefing the buffer causes the error:

 Error received from element hlsdemux2: Internal data stream error.
Debugging information: gstadaptivedemux.c(2256): _src_chain ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin2/GstHLSDemux:hlsdemux2:
streaming stopped, reason error (-5)