Short static artefact while mixing rtp streams using liveadder

colin.defais colin.defais at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:23:37 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have a target (Raspberry Pi 2, raspbian) whose goal is to mix at least 2
rtp audio streams and output it to its soundcard.

The pipeline looks like this:

udpsrc port=p1 -> rtpjitterbuffer -> rtpL16depay  \
                                                                          ->
liveadder -> audioconvert -> alsasink sync=false
udpsrc port=p2 -> rtpjitterbuffer -> rtpL16depay  /

When the 2 rtp streams are playing together everything sounds fine.

But if I pause 1 of the incoming streams and restart it to play another file
(using the API, not command line) then I get for a short duration some
static/interference.

If my target doesn't mix and listens only the play/paused/restarted stream
using the following command
udpsrc port=p -> rtpjitterbuffer -> rtpL16depay -> liveadder -> audioconvert
-> alsasink sync=false
then I don't get the static/interference.

So I guess there is maybe some parameters to add to the liveadder or some
elements to add to the pipeline to fix my problem...

I hope someone might be able to help,
Thanks in advance