Problem using RTSP Server on Windows with VLC as client.

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Wed Feb 15 13:58:25 UTC 2017

Hi,
When I run the rtsp-server on Windows and connect using VLC from another windows machine I can see the video. (I have the rtsp_session_pool_set_max_sessions set to one.
If I stop VLC using the normal methods (click on square bottom left or X top right a TEARDOWN message is sent to the server. The client is cleaned up. If I stop VLC by killing it (I have a badly behaved client) no TEARDOWN is sent but the TCP connection is closed. After this, no further connection is possible, each request is responded to with service unavailable. Has anyone else observed this behavior?
Grüße