No pad block on GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_IDLE used

LC lienes.cirules at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:28:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am trying to get pad block for a very short time, but with no success.

I am using stream with videotestsrc ! ..... ! appsink. I see those frames on
API and blayback is smooth.

After a while of streaming i call function to add probe on videotestsrc src
pad like this :

/auto pad = gst_element_get_static_pad(element, direction.c_str()); // this
is not null, returned pad of src type
gulong id = gst_pad_add_probe (pad, GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_IDLE, // id = 1
     (GstPadProbeCallback)&Pipe::cb_blocked, (gpointer)this, NULL);/

It calls Pipe::cb_blocked and it executes this code :
/std::this_thread::sleep_for(std::chrono::microseconds(20000));
return GST_PAD_PROBE_REMOVE;/

*I expect that for 2s i will have stalled video on API. *
But i never get stalled video.

I also checked my pad : bool block = gst_pad_is_blocking(pad); in the same
callback.
But ir returns false.

What is wrong with my probe on pad ?
Thanks in advance! :)