gstreamer alsasrc with 6 channel

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Feb 19 18:39:09 UTC 2017

Le 17 févr. 2017 2:18 AM, "nagendra sarma" <nagendra.bankupalli at tessolve.com>
a écrit :

hi  Nicolas
thanks,

but i already tried with format option format=SL16LE but same result

my points are:

1. why the caps are part of pcm file ? if i add -v option to pipeline
     the caps which are printing in debug console are part of my pcm data
(checked in hexeditor) strange ?

2. why this strange behavior for 6 channel ? two channel working fine

3. i displayed raw data coming from  pcm_snd_readi() which is proper in case
of 6 channel
    but the data send/push by alsasrc to next element is not matching with
data comes from  pcm_snd_read() which is not the case in 2 channel ?

This data is not the same as we need to reorder the channels to
GStreamer/SMPTE order.

3. so, i wanted to know , where this pcm data going, and which is
responsible to push to next element ?

This is done by the ring buffer, base on hardware provided information.

thanks
nagendra