gapless playback

Digits gstdev at digits.tv
Sun Feb 19 23:44:17 UTC 2017

Adeel Arshad wrote:
> Hope you people are doing good.
>
> How can I use gstreamer debugging in my code. As my video sometimes play
> perfectly some time freezes in the same pipeline and I am not using
> decklink element in pipeline in my code. I want to check which element is
> creating issue.
>
> File Type: Mpeg2
>
> Regards
> Adeel Arshad
I tested playbin looping playback using the about-to-finish signal and
found MPEG2 and Matroska files do not restart correctly.  The Matroska
file restarts at the beginning, freezes at 12 frames then continues from
10 seconds.  The MPEG2 file restarts at 21 frames. Both Prores422 and
MJPEG files play correctly.  Could this be due to the latter (working)
file types being I-Frame only codecs?

Regards,

Dave.