No video displayed

Ramin2c ramin.toussi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:45:25 UTC 2017

Hi,
I'm quite new to GStreamer and my first try to compile and run the basic
Tutorial 1 partially failed by not being able to see any video, but the
audio can be heard and the pipeline stops when reaches the end of the
stream.
I tried basic Tutorial 2 (building a pipeline manually) with videotestsrc
element and the result is the same.
Both of the examples can work fine though if corresponding gst-launch-1.0 is
run instead from the command line; i.e.:

/Tutorial 1: ./gst-launch-1.0 playbin
uri=https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm
Tutorial 2: ./gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink/

Even more, did the compilation directly from the command line like:

/gcc main.c -I/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers
-L/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Libraries -lgstreamer-1.0 -o
testApp
/
And neither one could bring up the video window.

I'm using GStreame 1.0 on Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.3 and XCode for Developing,
with different project types, Cocoa, command line and even importing all the
Tutorial codes directly into en empty project.

Does anyone know why if fails to show the video? or any tips what I should
look at?

Thanks
Ramin

PS: Links to GStreamer basic tutorials: