Can I install Gstreamer 1.8.1 over 1.4.5 ?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Fri Feb 24 14:16:18 UTC 2017

Hi .

Thank you for the reply.

However, I don't intend to install any new plugin over old Gstreamer, for
example.

I what to replace everything of version 1.4.5 with version 1.8.1. So, what I
need to know is if it is possible to overwrite files from version 1.4.5 with
files from version 1.8.1. So, If I install Gstreamer 1.8.1 and all its
correspondent plugins, even already having version 1.4.5, things will work
well?

I'm using Ubuntu.

Any hint will very helpful.
Best regards.