Problems with openh264

andeb91 aorlandi91 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:01:12 UTC 2017

Hello to everybody!

I've got an issue with openh264. I use Gstreamer in a c++ application and I
run the pipeline with gst_parse_launch. I've never had problem since this
morning when I found that in some PC I can't use openh264 and I don't know
why. It seems that fail the registry procedure for this plugin (the dll is
present and Gstreamer find it). If I use avdec_h624 everything goes fine.
It is more strange because if on those pcs (where my app fails) I install
Gstreamer and I use the same pipeline with openh264 it works (and also the
registry because I can find the libopenh264.dll in the registry.bin file).

Could someone help me to resolve this?