Multi-Caps input parameter for an element?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:50:26 UTC 2017

I am writing a testcaps element who's purpose will be to regularly cycle
through a list of GstCaps structures at regular intervals, so as to test
pipeline renegotiation.

The main code seems pretty straight-forward, but I'm unsure how to define a
parameter type that accepts a list of caps. I'm thinking of using something
like '!' or '|' as an internal caps separator, and going with that, but
regardless, I can't find any documentation in the glib or gstreamer manual
on creating and parsing new parameter types from the command line.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.