Mapping unordered audio channels

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jan 6 09:38:35 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-01-04 at 23:43 +0000, John P Poet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that Sebastian committed code to allow >2 channel input
> with decklinkaudiosrc.  I gave it a quick try, but the following
> pipeline does not map the channels correctly (at least for my setup):
> [...]

I think we'd like to have an element for that, which would have a
property that takes an array of channel positions for the input and
then accordingly reorders the channels and puts the correct channel-
mask on the output.

But for now, doing it with deinterleave and interleave should work, you
just need to make sure that interleave puts the correct channel-mask on
the output caps. It has a property for that. Or alternatively you could
put a capssetter before every input of the interleave and set a
channel-mask with a single bit for that.