The Meson Build

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sat Jan 7 13:24:42 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-01-07 at 12:51 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:

Hi,

> Is the Meson Build now in a state where it can be used to create a
> complete local install of the:

Define 'complete' :)

There are for sure things that are missing (docs, examples, some less
used plugins), but all the important things should be there.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/ext/meson.b
uild

and the same in sys/ should give you an idea what's missing.

If anything in particular is missing that you need, please let us know.
It should also be fairly easy to add it to the build yourself.

> GStreamer
> GST_Plugins_Base
> GST_Plugins_Good
> GST_Plugins_Ugly
> GST_Plugins_Bad
> GST_LibAV
>
> repositories?
>
> The idea is to run the latest bad plugins and I assume I need to run
> the latest of everything rather than the Debian or Fedora latest
> packages for consistency.

You need to run the latest gstreamer / gst-plugins-base / gst-plugins-
good if you want the latest gst-plugins-bad, yes.

You can use the gst-build module to build everything in one go. And it
also provides an "uninstalled" target for an uninstalled environment
should you be interested in that.

Cheers
 -Tim

--