Issue while decoding an RTP stream

Jon Mandrell Jon.Mandrell at zii.aero
Tue Jan 10 20:45:49 UTC 2017

I am using gstreamer 1.10.2, with the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc uri=udp://239.192.16.11:52416 do-timestamp=true ! application/x-rtp,media=video,clock-rate=90000 ! rtpsession ! rtpssrcdemux ! rtpjitterbuffer latency=1000 do-lost=true ! rtpptdemux ! rtpmp2tdepay ! tsdemux ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! avdec_aac ! audioconvert ! alsasink sync=true

The stream I am tuning to has both audio and video, but for the sake of this email I've simplified this to just the audio portion of the pipeline.

About 35 seconds into the stream there is a group of dropped packets (I do see a discontinuity indicated coming out of the tsdemux element). However, there is some issue later on in the decoder where it just stops. The end result is that the audio stops at the dropped packets and doesn't pick up again. This also occurs with the video stream, but I figure the audio gives a fairly simplified example.

I have done the same thing with a 0.10 pipeline and it recovers like I would expect.

I'm at a loss here of where to go with this - I have a requirement that I be able to play this stream (with video/audio glitches) and not just stopping like it currently does. Any suggestions would be very welcome!

I have uploaded a short 1-minute pcap file that contains a portion of the stream with the drop occurring in it. It is located at https://www.dropbox.com/s/a32nf2p1roxhgll/short.pcap?dl=0

[https://cfl.dropboxstatic.com/static/images/icons128/page_white.png]<https://www.dropbox.com/s/a32nf2p1roxhgll/short.pcap?dl=0>

short.pcap<https://www.dropbox.com/s/a32nf2p1roxhgll/short.pcap?dl=0>
www.dropbox.com
Shared with Dropbox

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential & proprietary to Zodiac Inflight Innovations. This information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access or transmittal of the information contained in this e-mail, in full or in part, to any other organization or persons is not authorized.