lifetime of a sometimes pad

vanderhoffer vanderhoffer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:21:01 UTC 2017

After reading the docs on sometimes pads I can see a callback for the
creation of the pad.

My question is how long does the sometimes pad last.
For example if we have a video mixer and two video file inputs.
we start to play a mp4 file on input two and the qtdemux provides a
'video_%u',
the file is then stopped or paused but the pipeline is not cleared, so we
can restart/unpause,

does the sometimes pad throw a callback of pad removed/deleted etc or does
it stay until the pad is manually removed?

Thx
Art