gst-plugins-bad build fail

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Jan 12 11:00:22 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-01-12 at 07:07 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:

Hi Russel,

> I am guessing that:
>
> 1. Update gst-build clone
> 2. Run ./git-update in gst-build clone
> 3. Run ninja in the Meson constructed build directory for gst-build
> is the right way of keeping up to date for the whole of the standard
> GStreamer system.

Yes, there's also a git-update target IIRC so you can just do

  ninja -C build git-update

> Updating gst-plugins-bad...
>   -> 95c842a - codecparsers: remove problematic 'extern inline'
>
> but when Ninja is running I get build fails. I ran this a few times
> to ensure, I even cleaned to avoid any hysteresis in the build. I am
> on Debian Sid fully up to date. Is this a genuine problem or
> something silly I have done at my end?

../../../../Checkouts/Git/GST_Build/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/gst-
> libs/gst/gl/gstglfilter.c:38:
> /usr/include/GL/glext.h:1385:26: note: previous declaration of
> ‘GLsync’ was here
>  typedef struct __GLsync *GLsync;
>                           ^~~~~~

It builds fine for me on sid. I'd say it's unlikely to be something you
did wrong. Please file a bug in bugzilla with the full meson log and
build output. Thanks!

Cheers
 -Tim

---