Dropping Audio Samples, Downstream Can't Keep Up

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:54:17 UTC 2017

The videorate element doesn't change the rate at which the hardware is
capturing, so my guess is that it has something to do with that. It is
possible that the muxer was being stalled which in turn would fill the
audio pipeline and would eventually lead to sample loss on a live source.
However I am not experienced with the windows elements so I can only
speculate. One thing you may want to test is adding an audio rate in the
pipeline with the videorate. Another would be to check what the actual
framerate with the higher exposure is and setting the pipeline with that
framerate rather than 30. The muxer may be expecting frames at the target
rate but the source can't report that it can capture at a lower rate,
leading to the audio piepline being stalled.

Dimitrios