an example of how to test for idle buffers using GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_IDLE

vanderhoffer vanderhoffer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 23:02:48 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am having some issues with rtmpsink. Somewhere in my pipeline I am getting
a buffer issue that is causing the rtmp feed to disconnect, even though the
the pipeline reports GST_STATE_PLAYING

I have the following
/*elem_rtmp = gst_element_factory_make ("rtmpsink", "rtmpS");
elem_rtmp_pad_sink = gst_element_get_static_pad (elem_rtmp, "sink");
gst_pad_add_probe (elem_rtmp_pad_sink,GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_IDLE,doalert, NULL,
NULL);*/

/*void *doalert(){
    printf("Probe reports no data\n");
}*/

Even though the stream disconnects, the probe never fires.
Have I got this wrong?

I do not want to block the element, just report when  the buffers stop
flowing to it.

thx
Art