gstreamer-vaapi

Nick Kallen nickkallen at me.com
Tue Jan 17 14:20:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

I’m trying to get gstreamer-vaapi installed on an Amazon ec2 GPU instance. When I installed gstreamer on an Ubuntu AMI through apt-get, all gstreamer decoding and encoding commands gave me an error like 'gstreamer-vaapi cannot find source’ (I forget the exact error message). vainfo errored that I didn’t have an x-server installed.

I assumed I needed a newer version of gstreamer so I tried to build from source using cerbero on a redhat enterprise AMI. Cerbero built everything successfully (after I installed yasm by hand). I don’t know how to install the generated packages on my system (rpm -i *.rpm seemed to have no effect). If someone could explain that to me I would appreciate it.

But in any case, I ran 'cerbero shell' and I noticed gstreamer-vaapi was not automatically installed. I’m having difficulty compiling gstreamer-vaapi because of missing dependencies and I just have no idea if I’m on the wrong track. Can I use cerbero to compile gstreamer-vaapi? What is the right way to build all of this together and install it properly on a machine?

Thanks!!