a 101 question, how to get an element by name

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:53:14 UTC 2017

Your question ia a bit vague so I will assume you already have a reference
to a pipeline.

What you are looking for is gst_bin_get_by_name
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstBin.html#gst-bin-get-by-name>,
you can see it under the gstbin doc:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstBin.html