rtmpsrc librtmp paramaeters

vanderhoffer vanderhoffer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:27:26 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to get some deeper info on what librtmp params can be passed
through rtmpsrc.

For example, librtmp has available
start=n(sec)
stop=n(sec)

I have tried passing these with
myRtmpSrc  = gst_element_factory_make ("rtmpsrc", e_name);
g_object_set( G_OBJECT ( myRtmpSrc ), "option-string", "start=00", NULL);
g_object_set( G_OBJECT ( myRtmpSrc ), "option-string", "stop=20", NULL);

But they have no effect or are being overridden.
Could it be a timing issue, ie the element has to be added to the bin first
then make the g_object_set call?

When can I find detailed documentation on how the rtmpsrc element works?

thx
Art