Request pads leaking if present when element disposed

Brendan Shanks brendan.shanks at teradek.com
Sat Jan 21 01:59:31 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm writing an element that subclasses GstBin, and returns request
ghost pads targeting elements inside the bin.
I noticed that GstGhostPads and GstProxyPads are leaking if they're present
in the element when it gets disposed/finalized.

I'm unsure of the cause, but one thing I noticed is that the docs for
gst_element_release_request_pad() say that the call needs to be followed by
gst_object_unref().
But in gst_element_dispose(), the element's release_pad() is being called
without gst_object_unref() afterwards.

Is this an oversight, or is the pad getting an unnecessary ref somewhere
else?

Thanks,
Brendan