Good practice :question about gst_parse_launch

Potoman lepotoman at msn.com
Sat Jan 21 15:11:23 UTC 2017

Hello,

I would like to start 4 pipeline like that :

udpsrc ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videconvert ! appsink

*I would like to know if it's a good practice to launch this pipeline 4
times in one call of gst_parse_launch ?*

And use gst_get_element_by_name (sorry, I don't remember exactly the
function name) to retrieve all the appsink.

The code line look like :

gst_parse_launch("udpsrc ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videconvert ! appsink
name=app0 udpsrc ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videconvert ! appsink
name=app1 udpsrc ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videconvert ! appsink
name=app0 udpsrc ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videconvert ! appsink
name=app2 udpsrc ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videconvert ! appsink
name=app0 udpsrc ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videconvert ! appsink
name=app3");

I ask this question cause I wonder if one of the udpsrc doesn't received any
data from ip/port can affect streaming of the other udpsrc.

Thank.