Similar as udpsrc but to pass RTP packets directly to gstreamer

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Jan 23 16:15:04 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-01-22 at 06:04 -0800, bojan74 wrote:

Hi,

> But it looks that there are some problem with time. Currently I don't
> set
> anything with
> 	  GST_BUFFER_PTS (buffer) =
> 	  GST_BUFFER_DURATION (buffer) =
>
> Is it necessary to use this in case of my pipeline?
> If yes, what do I need to set here if I am feeding appsrc with RTP
> packets?
> To use RTP timestamp fro GST_BUFFER_PST and to calculate duration
> from RTP
> header timestamp for GST_BUFFER_DURATION?

You don't need to set GST_BUFFER_DURATION, but you probably want to
either set GST_BUFFER_PTS yourself (if you're feeding data from an
artificial source that doesn't operate in realtime), or set

  appsrc do-timestamp=true

Also make sure to set appsrc to format=time via

g_object_set (appsrc, "format", GST_FORMAT_TIME, NULL);

Cheers
 -Tim