Migration from 1.2.3 to 1.6.1

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jan 31 12:13:31 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-01-31 at 04:00 -0800, BogdanS wrote:
> I have some app with simple pipeline
> Appsrc->tee->queue->pcapparse->h264depay_>h264dec->aspectratiocrop-
> >h264enc->filesink;
>
> This app was working well on gstreamer 1.2.3.
>
> Now for some reasons I need to use gstreamer 1.6.1. When I try to run
> this
> app-> state is always READY.
>
> What I need to change/add? Some suggestions?

I'm not aware of any specific changes causing this, but when you're
upgrading anyway you might as well upgrade to 1.10.3, which is the
latest stable release. 1.6 is already quite old again.

You'll have to provide some more details so we can help you, like a
debug log at least and what your application is exactly doing. Ideally
a minimal testcase that can reproduce your problem.