help:cairooverlay on win32 makes high cpu usage

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Jul 1 15:15:11 UTC 2017

Le 1 juil. 2017 6:58 AM, "方明" <77949218 at qq.com> a écrit :

hi everyone

   I developed a element ,which work like textoverlay but use cairo to draw

line or rect on a surface .

Textoverlay also uses Cairo to draw the glyph, just to clarify.

then call gst_video_overlay_composition_add_rectangle to video buffer(N
times)

and then call gst_video_overlay_composition_blend.

lastly push to dshowvideosink(I am working in win32).

It can work,but result in high cpu usage.

how can I improve its performace ?

You should use a profiler to identify the bottleneck. Then it will be
easier to know what need to be optimized. It's possible that adding
CompositionMeta support to dshowviseosink is what you want.

Thanks.