How to use VA-API in gstreamer?

Hyunjun Ko zzoon at igalia.com
Tue Jul 4 02:49:35 UTC 2017

CC wrote
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I try to replace x264enc with vaapih264enc, i got a warning(WARNING: Input
> ref list is Wrong !) , but it works and the cpu usage is reduced.
>
> And when I replace avdec_h264 with vaapih264dec , i got an error.
>
> The error log :
> https://gist.github.com/zombiecong/fcb94a15d704081b6db284978afb9754

Working here on the master. Could you try with ther new version at least
1.12, which is the latest stable version.

My test pipelines to make the pipeline working:
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! vaapih264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink port=12347
gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! opusenc ! rtpopuspay ! udpsink port=12345

In addition, please show full log of vaapi elements in this case. (eg.
GST_DEBUG=vaapi*:6,2) :)