Dual pipe is stuck when one of the pipe never get any image

Maxime Guyon gmaxi17 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 10:53:43 UTC 2017

Hello,

I use Windows and I have two TcpServer which run on my localhost and serve
JPEG image which are generated by my PC with non fixed framerate.

I use the following pipe for save each server images into 2 different file:

gst-launch-1.0.exe -e ^
tcpclientsrc host=localhost port=9504 do-timestamp=true ! jpegparse !
matroskamux ! filesink location="../../data/videos/test0.mkv" ^
tcpclientsrc host=localhost port=9505 do-timestamp=true ! jpegparse !
matroskamux ! filesink location="../../data/videos/test1.mkv"

What I have observed is that if the second tcpclientsrc which run on port
9505 never receive any image (because none are generated by my server),
then the first tcpclientsrc do not record the incoming image into the
output file.

If I send just one or more image into the second tcpclientsrc then the
recording works as expected on each tcpclientsrc.

To resume if one of the tcpclientsrc never get an image at all when
recording, then the pipe seem to be stuck. But if each clientsrc receive at
least one image, the pipe record seem to works.

Do I have something wrong here?

Regards.